How to track the value of your Bitcoin
Author: @Mycryptoview Token
Last Updated: March 29, 2023
It's important to stay on top of the value of your Bitcoin to make sure your investments are secure and to keep track of its growth. One great way to do this is by using cryptocurrency portfolio trackers. These tools are widely used for Ethereum virtual machine cryptos and allow you to monitor your crypto balance and its value in real time. By keeping an eye on the current market trends and fluctuations, you'll have a better understanding of how your investment is performing. It's also a good idea to keep your portfolio updated and record all your transactions, including purchases, sales, and transfers. By paying attention to the details and utilising the right tools, you can easily track the value of your Bitcoin and make informed decisions about your investments. Check out the following steps to get started on tracking the value of your Bitcoin.
- Choose and create a Bitcoin wallet, if unsure how to create a bitcoin wallet you can check How to create Bitcoin wallet via https://mycryptoview.com/bitcoin/how-to/how-to-create-bitcoin-wallet-bitcoin-on-metamask
- Once you have set up your wallet, add your Bitcoin balance to it by either buying Bitcoin or transferring it from another wallet.
- Choose a tracking tool, such as a cryptocurrency portfolio tracker or a website that provides real-time market data such as coingecko. For this guide we are going to use coinstats app for illustration purposes, so head over to coinstats via this link https://coinstats.app/
4. Click on Get Started to signup on Coinstat or you can connect your wallet but for this guide we are not going to connect any wallet.
5. After you’ve successfully registered, on the portfolio page, click on “Add manual portfolio”
6. Name your Portfolio and add total cost if needed and click the save button
7. Click on “ADD TRANSACTION” on the right corner of the page
8. On the popup screen, search for Bitcoin to add the amount of your holding and click save once you are done.
9. Once you’ve added the amount on the transaction tab, you should see a screen like below
10. Keep records: It's important to keep records of all your transactions, including purchases, sales, and transfers, to have a clear picture of your Bitcoin investments.
By following these steps, you can effectively track the value of your Bitcoin and make informed decisions about your Bitcoin investments.
Ask a question
Ask a question regarding this how-to to earn crypto!Ask