How to create your XRP Wallet: Is MetaMask an Option?
Author: @Mycryptoview Token
Last Updated: June 19, 2023
Creating your XRP wallet is a smart move for anyone looking to store and manage their XRP. With the rise of cryptocurrencies, having a reliable and user-friendly wallet is very important. In this guide, we'll take a closer look at what MetaMask is, and answer the question: "Is MetaMask an option for your XRP wallet?"
MetaMask is a popular EVM(Ethereum virtual machine) wallet. It offers users an easy-to-use interface and advanced security features, making it an attractive option for those new to the world of cryptocurrency. While MetaMask supports Ethereum and a wide range of ERC-20 tokens, it does not currently support XRP. However, there are alternative XRP wallets for managing and storing XRP. So, if you're looking for XRP wallet, you can follow the steps in this guide to create your XRP Wallet for free if you don’t want to buy Hardware wallet.
- Go to Exodus website https://www.exodus.com/ and click the download button
2. On the download page click on “download exodus” for desktop and install exodus wallet - This how-to guide is for the desktop version of exodus.
3. After installation open, the wallet and a similar screen like the one below should display.
Note: - If your screen is different from the above or at the time you open the wallet you were prompted to create a password then create a strong password and store it in a safe place.
4. Click the setting icon
5. On the setting interface, click backup
6. Create a password and keep it safe (it is always recommended to store your password outside your laptop/desktop)
7. Write down/print your word phrase and keep it safe (Recommended not to store on your laptop/desktop).
8. Confirm your word phrase and click the finish button.
9. Click the assets button
10. Search and click XRP
If you see a similar screen like the one below - Well done, you've successfully created your first XRP wallet.
Ask a question
Ask a question regarding this how-to to earn crypto!Ask