How to use MetaMask for Staking
Author: @Mycryptoview Token
Last Updated: February 20, 2023
MetaMask is a popular Ethereum virtual machine(EVM) wallet that allows users to securely store, manage, and interact with decentralised applications. One of its key features is staking, which enables users to earn rewards for holding certain tokens/cryptos. To use MetaMask for staking, you will need to follow the steps in this how-to guide as it is similar for other staking Dapps. Next, you'll need to find a staking pool or DeFi platform such as Mycryptoview staking that supports MetaMask, and follow their instructions to deposit your tokens and start earning rewards.
Note:- We are using Mycryptoview Staking platform to illustrate How to use MetaMask for staking. If you are interested in staking on our platform you will need to hold some MCV tokens, the utility token of Mycryptoview platform which allows token holders to get discounts, free access or full access when they use any of our tools, you can buy MCV tokens via the buy button on our staking dashboard.
1. Install and set up MetaMask. If you are unsure how install MetaMask check how to create Metamask wallet via the link below
2. Connect MetaMask to Ethereum network mainnet
3. Fund your MetaMask wallet with ETH(Ether) for gas fees
4. Go to Mycryptoview staking dashboard via https://mycryptoview.com/mcv/staking
5. Click the connect button
6. On the staking dashboard, If for example you don’t have the tokens that you would like to stake some staking platform provides a buy button to buy their tokens directly similar to Mycryptoview staking platform as shown in the screen shot in this step. If you don’t’ have MCV tokens click the buy button to buy MCV tokens or click the stake button to stake your MCV tokens.
7. Once you’ve clicked the staking button, a screen should popup for you to approve your token, click the approve button, approve MCV tokens and wait for your transaction to complete . Note for other staking platform you will need to approve your tokens before you can stake them. We recommend doing your own research of the staking platform before interacting with MetaMask to avoid the risk of losing all your funds.
8. Once the approve transaction is completed, click on the deposit button to deposit your tokens, and wait for the transaction to complete.
Once your deposit transaction is completed, you should see your staked token details and other instructions when you can claim your rewards like the screen shot below
Note:- We are using Ethereum testnet for this guide so we recommend staking when ETH gas fees are low.
Using MetaMask for staking is a simple and secure way to earn rewards on your crypto assets. With its user-friendly interface and robust security features, MetaMask provides an easy entry into the world of staking. So, why not give Mycryptoview staking platform a try today and start earning rewards on your MCV tokens holdings!
Ask a question
Ask a question regarding this how-to to earn crypto!Ask