How to set up your Fetch.ai(FET)wallet: Is MetaMask an Option?
Author: @Mycryptoview Token
Last Updated: March 01, 2023
Ready to join the revolution of decentralised finance(DEFI) with Fetch.ai(FET)? Your journey starts with setting up a wallet to store your tokens. And, the big question is: is MetaMask an option? Yes, if you're holding the ERC-20 version of FET, MetaMask can be used for your Fetch.ai wallet. But here's the catch! Fetch.ai has its own blockchain. So, if you want to fully experience the capabilities of Fetch.ai, you'll need to download the Fetch.ai wallet which we are going to walk you through in this guide. Follow the steps below to set up your Fetch.ai(FET)wallet:-
Note if you still holding the ERC-20 version of FET, you will need to install MetaMask in order to access your ERC-20 version of FET. If unsure how to set up MetaMask check out how to create Metamask wallet via the link below https://mycryptoview.com/meta-mask/how-to/how-to-create-metamask-wallet
1. Go to Fetch.ai official website https://fetch.ai/technology/
2. Under the Use dropdown, click wallet
3. Click the Add to Chrome button
Note:- You may not be able to run the Keplr and Fetch wallets together
4. Click the Fetch.ai wallet icon
5. Click on the create new account button
6. Copy your seed phrase/Mnemonic Seed, name your account and input new password
Note:- Never share your seedphrase/Mnemonic Seed with anyone and make sure you store your password and Mnemonic Seed in a safe location.
7. Click the Next button and confirm your Mnemonic Seed
8. Once you’ve registered your account you should see a screen shot like the one below, click on the done button to access your wallet.
9. To use Fetch.ai wallet, you can fund your account with FET by clicking the deposit button
Ask a question
Ask a question regarding this how-to to earn crypto!Ask