How to set up Theta Wallet: Does Metamask support Theta?
Author: @Mycryptoview Token
Last Updated: September 02, 2023
Theta is a decentralised video delivery network that is designed to improve the online video streaming experience. Setting up a Theta wallet is the first step in accessing this revolutionary network and using Theta tokens. In this guide, we will cover the process of setting up a Theta wallet and answer the question on everyone's mind - "Does MetaMask support Theta?"
The answer is yes, MetaMask does support Theta because Theta blockchain is fully interoperable with Metamask. MetaMask is a popular EVM(Ethereum virtual machine) that allows you to easily manage your cryptos and interact with decentralised applications.
Setting up a Theta wallet with MetaMask is a straightforward process, making it a great option for both new and experienced users. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to set up your Theta wallet.
- Go to MetaMask website
2. Click download
3. Click Add to Chrome and wait for the installation to complete
4. Click on Get Started
5. Click “I Agree “ on the Help Us Improve MetaMask page
6. Click “Create a wallet” on the “New to MetaMask?” Page
7. Create your password and keep it in a safe place
8. Backup your secret phrase and make sure to keep it in a safe place
9. Confirm your secrete backup phrase
Once you have confirmed your secret phrase backup, you will be redirected to your wallet.
10. To connect Theta mainnet to MetaMask, click the Add network button
11. Add custom network with the following details
Network Name: Theta Mainnet
New RPC URL: https://eth-rpc-api.thetatoken.org/rpc
Chain ID: 361
Currency Symbol (optional): TFUEL
Block Explorer URL (optional): https://explorer.thetatoken.org/
Ask a question
Ask a question regarding this how-to to earn crypto!Ask