How to set up Algorand wallet (Metamask on Algorand?)
Author: @Mycryptoview Token
Last Updated: December 29, 2022
If you are familiar with using Metamask on the Ethereum blockchain, and you've recently bought Algorand(ALGO) you may be asking the following questions.
Does Metamask work with Algorand?
No, Metamask doesn't work with Algorand because Algorand doesn't run on the Ethereum blockchain and, it is not EVM compatible(Ethereum virtual machine). However, Algorand may enable EVM compatible at some point.
Can I use Metamask with Algorand
No, you cannot use Metamask with Algorand because Algorand runs on its own blockchain which means it is not EVM compatible.
If you are looking for a wallet with the same look and feel as Metamask then AlgoSigner is one of the best option.
You can follow the details below to set up the Algorand wallet.
2. Click the add to chrome button
3. Install Algosigner on Chrome
4. After installation, click the AlgoSigner icon on chrome
5. Click the get started button
6. Enter a new password, confirm your password and click the create wallet button
7. Click the add account button to create new account
8. Click the create new account option if you haven’t got any Algorand account
9. Enter an account name and click the continue button.
10. Copy and save your secret phrase/mnemonic phrase in a safe place and don’t share it with anyone, then click the continue button.
11. Confirm your secret phrase/mnemonic and click the continue button
12. Enter your password to login to your wallet
Congratulations, you've successfully created your Algorand wallet.
Ask a question
Ask a question regarding this how-to to earn crypto!Ask